Additive Manufacturing Hybrid Processes for Composites Systems
This book focuses on the emerging additive manufacturing technology and its applications beyond state-of-the-art, fibre-reinforced thermoplastics. It also discusses the development of a hybrid, integrated process that combines additive and subtractive operations in a single-step platform, allowing CAD-to-Part production with freeform shapes using long or continuous fibre-reinforced thermoplastics. The book covers the entire value chain of this next-generation technology, from part design and materials composition to transformation stages, product evaluation, and end-of-life studies.
Moreover, it addresses the following engineering issues:
* Design rules for hybrid additive manufacturing;
* Thermoplastic compounds for high-temperature and -strength applications;
* Advanced extrusion heads and process concepts;
* Hybridisation strategies;
* Software ecosystems for hAM design, pre-processing, process planning, emulating and multi-axis processing;
* 3D path generators for hAM based on a multi-objective optimisation algorithm that matches the recent curved adaptive slicing method with a new transversal scheme;
* hAM parameters, real-time monitoring and closed-loop control;
* Multiparametric nondestructive testing (NDT) tools customised for FRTP AM parts;
* Sustainable manufacturing processes validated by advanced LCA/LCC models.