Collins AS Chemistry for AQA is the ideal resource to support you through the 2008 AQA GCE course. It has been developed with the help of AQA examiners to ensure a perfect match to the 2008 specification and provides everything you need to succeed in your exam.
This book covers AQA Chemistry AS units:Unit 1 - Foundation ChemistryUnit 2 - Chemistry in Action
The book includes the following features:
* How Science Works feature boxes and assignments
* Real world science in context at the start of every chapter
* Questions throughout the text, with answers provided in the back of the book
* Key fact summaries throughout the text
* Stretch and challenge boxes to push the most able students
* Exam-style questions at the end of every chapter
* Practice synoptic questions
The website includes the following additional support material:
* Mark schemes for exam-style questions from the book
* Sample student answers to exam-style questions at 2 levels with examiner comments to show students how to achieve a higher grade
* Guidance for PSAs to help students to achieve the best grades in their practical assessments
* Mathematical and examination technique guidance to ensure that students know how to best prepare for and handle their exams.
Also available, Collins A2 Chemistry for AQA, covering:Unit 4: Kinetics, Equilibria and Organic ChemistryUnit 5: Energetics, Redox and Inorganic Chemistry