Battleship Bismarck Owners' Workshop Manual
The Bismarck was probably the most feared Nazi German battleship of the Second World War. Angus Konstam gives readers a detailed insight into her design, combat capability and short-lived fighting career that ended in her destruction by the Royal Navy in 1941. The anatomy of the Bismarck is examined in detail, including her construction, armoured protection, propulsion, weaponry, gunnery direction, the bridge, sensors, steering and crew quarters. Life on board is described and a final chapter reviews Robert Ballard's discovery of the wreck of the Bismarck.
* The first WW2 battleship to receive the Haynes Manual treatment.
* More than 200 archive photographs.
* Bismarck and her sister ship Tirpitz were the largest battleships ever built by Germany.
* May 2016 is the 75th anniversary of the sinking of the Bismarck.
* Perennial interest in the Bismarck story.