This annual guide to VAT provides clear and simple coverage enabling the reader to grasp current VAT law confidently. With a wealth of practical examples, this book is an ideal guide for tax advisers dealing with VAT, and small business proprietors.
Value Added Tax 2020/21 has been updated to include the following:
- The VAT changes resulting from the pandemic including:
- The bringing forward of the zero-rating of electronic publications
- The introduction of a temporary zero-rate for PPE
- The temporary 5% reduced rate for the hospitality industry
- Brexit changes
- The introduction of postponed accounting
- Zero-rating of women's sanitary products
This accessible reference guide has a user-friendly structure with 'signposts' at the beginning of each chapter to summarise key topics and 'focus points' throughout to highlight important issues, as well as numerous worked examples demonstrating how to apply the main principles in practice.
Andrew Needham is a Chartered Tax Adviser and heads VAT Specialists Ltd. Andrew has a degree in Law from UCNW Bangor and is a specialist in indirect taxes, international tax and land and property issues. He is also a lecturer on VAT issues. Andrew has over 30 years' experience in VAT having spent 7 years in HM Customs & Excise, firstly as a VAT inspector, then as a departmental trainer, and finally in a headquarters policy unit dealing with the introduction of the EU single market.