Brilliant Windows 8 for the over 50s is a visual, quick reference book that shows you how master all of the features of the new Microsoft Windows 8 operating system. Specifically written for those who didn't necessarily have significant contact with computers in their working lives, but who now have the time to explore the possibilities of technology. It provides an easy-to-use guide to anyone wanting to get the most out of their computer.
Whether you've used Windows as an operating system on a computer before in one of its earlier versions, or have bought your first PC or laptop which uses Windows 8, gaining a good, solid grounding on how to use Windows 8 to your best advantage and discovering how to navigate around its various features to set up and use your computer exactly to your specification will make your life easier and more productive! Brilliant Windows 8 for the Over 50s will give you a good grounding in the essentials, enabling you to tackle new activities with confidence. And it will do this through clear step-by-step guides, with expert tips and trouble-shooters to help you through the trickier parts.
Spend less time reading and more time doing with a simple step-by-step approach to beginner and intermediate level computing tasks.
Brilliant guides provide with the quick, easy-to-access information that you need, using:
* Detailed index and troubleshooting guide to help you find exactly what you need to know
* Each task is presented on one or two pages
* Numbered steps guide you through each task or problem
* Numerous screenshots illustrate each step
* "See Also ..." boxes point you to related tasks and information in the book
* "Did you know ?..." sections alert you to relevant expert tips, tricks and advice