With charming, colorful illustrations, this heartwarming picture book in rhyming text asks an age-old question-can we be friends?
Take a journey exploring five unexpected animal friendships! This adorable picture book, based on real-life stories, showcases popular duos like Mzee the tortoise and Owen the hippo and Koko the gorilla and her kittens, as well as lesser-known ones like Kumbali the cheetah and Kago the dog. Includes backmatter.
A list of the unlikely animal friendships from around the world and introduced to young animal fans in Can We Be Friends?:
1. Owen the hippo and Mzee the tortoise (Kenya)
2. Kumbali the cheetah and Kago the dog (Virginia, USA)
3. Themba the elephant and Albert the sheep (South Africa)
4. Koko the gorilla and kittens (California, USA)
5. Ben the dog and Duggie the wild dolphin (Ireland)
This sweet picture book supports children as they learn about empathy and kindness.