Cracking the code of international communication : the intercultural fluency handbook
Do you feel the need to communicate better when dealing with other cultures? Do you feel that even if your basic English skills are fine, you don’t make the professional impression you would like to make when presenting or negotiating in English? Whether you have regular, or just occasional, international contacts, this book is for you! In Cracking the Code of International Communication Allie Edwardsson shares the best tips and tools she’s learned in 25 years of helping managers, project leaders and specialists succeed with their international communication. Cracking the Code of International Communication is for everyone who communicates internationally – and who feels that they could succeed better.
In Cracking the Code of International Communication you will learn:
- The Code: There are five skills that are important for succeeding with international communication: Language skills, intercultural skills, communication skills, personal skills and small talk.
- How small talk, the fifth skill, is a super tool in developing intercultural fluency. It’s an essential part of all the other skills. In many ways, it’s the key to the code.
- How to find the right combination of the five skill areas for you to develop.
- That fluency – a combination of flow and focus – is vital when applying the code in practice in your professional and personal life.
- The ‘one degree’ principle: It’s enough to make a small change, in the right direction, in order to achieve a big difference over time for you and your organisation. You can become more interculturally fluent!
Sagt om boken "At last! The book that has been needed for so long. A complete practical guide to being more effective in international business. I am convinced this book will prove an indispensable resource for everyone who deals regularly with their international colleagues, customers, suppliers or distributors." Colin Moon, Business Speaker of the Year 2012, Sweden
Allie Edwardsson is a business speaker, moderator and communication coach. She was born in England, and lived and worked in several countries, including Japan and the USA, before coming to Sweden in 1985. Her clients are Swedish, Nordic and international companies and organisations, both private and public sector. She has broad experience from many types of businesses and cultures.