Enable students to succeed in their assessment with Historical Enquiry - the essential guide to Edexcel History A2 Unit 4.
Historical Enquiry supports and guides students step-by-step through their Unit 4 assessment with:
* full explanations supported by examples of the skills that they will need to succeed* graded coursework essays with full comments from experienced assessors on how to secure a higher grade* Moderators' and Essential notes throughout.
In this book you will find:
* Chapter 1:INTRODUCTIONAn overview of exactly what Unit 4 is all about
* Chapter 2: CONSTRUCTING PART A ENQUIRIESA guide to choosing the best Part A enquiry focus, with examples and moderator commentary
* Chapter 3: CONSTRUCTING PART B ENQUIRIESA guide to choosing the best Part B enquiry focus, with examples and moderator commentary
* Chapter 4: FINDING SOURCE MATERIALS: PART A AND PART BA practical guide to researching your enquiries, note-taking and note-making
* Chapter 5: USING SOURCE MATERIAL: PART A ENQUIRIESHow to use secondary sources as a resource; finding and using relevant contemporary sources; weighing the evidence and reaching judgements; using secondary sources for cross-referencing, support and challenge
* Chapter 6: USING SOURCE MATERIAL: PART B ENQUIRIESHow to read secondary sources for information, opinion and argument; how to read to raise issues
* Chapter 7: USING A RESOURCE RECORD: PARTS A AND BA practical guide to using the resource record
* Chapter 8: WRITING UP PARTS A AND BIncluding tips on planning the write-up of your research; explanation of key essay writing skills, including writing effective introductions and conclusions, and creating a coherent and sustained argument; tips on writing to length and using footnotes, endnotes and appendices
* Chapter 9: ENQUIRIES AND ANSWERS
* Chapter 10: EXAMPLE COMPLETE ASSIGNMENT
* Chapter 11: MARK SCHEME