Wounds from primal relationships, such as those with mothers and fathers, run very deep. If your childhood involved an absent, addicted or abusive father, you may have the following 'emotional ghosts':
- Low self-esteem
- People-pleasing, approval-seeking, neediness and co-dependency
- Wishing and praying that your dad would change into the father you believe he should be
- Feeling frequently angry, including repressed anger
- Choosing romantic partners who remind you of your dad
- Feelings of intimidation around male authority figures
In this insightful and compassionate book, former psychotherapist Doreen Virtue and practising clinical social worker Andrew Karpenko present a range of self-healing techniques to empower you to counsel your wounded inner child so that you can deal with men as a healthy functioning adult.
Whether you are a man or a woman, they help you to choose thriving, balanced relationships with the males in your life, open your heart to feeling safe and receiving love, and reconnect with both Divine feminine and masculine energies.
All of your painful experiences have happened for a reason. There are parts of your psyche calling out for attention. Healing your father wounds will free you from lingering feelings of emptiness and patterns of dysfunction with men and will allow you to pursue your passion and life purpose unfettered by the past.