Written by locals, Fodor's travel guides have been offering expert advice for all tastes and budgets for 80 years.
Scotland offers astonishing variety: its iconic lochs and mountains, as well as lively cities such as Edinburgh and Glasgow, have strong allure. St. Andrews is a pilgrimage for golfers; castles dot the country; and whisky distilleries are gaining popularity. Scotland's customs and products--from tartans to tweeds--are known worldwide, but there's nothing like experiencing them firsthand.
This travel guide includes:
* Dozens of maps
* An 8-page color insert with a brief introduction and spectacular photos that capture the top experiences and attractions throughout Scotland
* Hundreds of hotel and restaurant recommendations, with Fodor's Choice designating our top picks
* Multiple itineraries to explore the top attractions and what's off the beaten path
* Major sights such as The Calanais Standing Stones, Tobermory, Isle of Skye, Glencoe, Loch Lomond and the Trossachs, and Kelvingrove
* Coverage of Edinburgh and the Lothians, Glasgow, The Borders and the Southwest, Fife and Angus, The Central Highlands, Aberdeen and the Northeast, Argyll and the Isles, Inverness and Around the Great Glen, The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles, Orkney and Shetland Islands