This revised edition takes aspiring novelists through the steps of writing a novel, from finding that initial idea, to keeping the plot going and crafting the perfect ending. With helpful exercises in each chapter you will learn how to:
- Develop a brilliant idea for your first novel
- Create characters that will make your novel come alive
- Plot your novel so that your readers simply have to turn the page
- Unravel the mysteries of viewpoint
- Create realistic dialogue and settings so your readers feel they are there
- Find your own voice.
- Most importantly, the book includes tips and advice on how to get published.
This new edition also includes a ten step guide to revision so that you can polish your novel to be the best it can be.