In this ground-breaking new book, Ram Charan, co-author of the bestselling Execution, redefines leadership by focusing on eight specific practical skills that, if mastered, are guaranteed to bring success.
1. Positioning --- ---formulating a clear central idea that chimes with your customers' desires and allows the business to be profitable.
2. Detecting patterns - recognising key variables that may create barriers to growth.
3. Managing the social system - influencing the workplace environment so that people can pull together and make the right decisions at the right time.
4. Selecting (and deselecting) people - spotting talent, and making the change when the fit isn't right.
5. Leading your management team - trusting, and inspiring, an effective team of managers.
6. Setting goals - deciding what the business can achieve.
7. Setting priorities - assessing the actions that need to be taken in order to meet your goals.
8. Dealing with external parties - making sure that outside power groups beyond your control do not affect your business unduly.