KS3 History 4th Edition: Technology, War and Independence 1901-Present Day Curriculum and Assessment Planning Guide
The new fourth edition of Technology, War and Independence is Book 3 of the best-selling Oxford KS3 History by Aaron Wilkes series. It covers twentieth century history, including the suffragettes, First and Second World Wars, democracy and dictatorship, the Cold War, the end of the British Empire, migration, changes in medicine and public health, and globalization. This planning guide helps teachers to design a coherent
knowledge-rich curriculum and assessment using the Oxford Key Stage 3 textbook series.
- Carefully designed content and assessments are mapped to the KS3 National Curriculum and to GCSE curricula
- Guidance for the History department to plan a coherent curriculum
- Literacy, maths and key History skills are mapped across each chapter
- Support for non-specialists, including a brief history and key dates of each chapter's content
- Further reading suggestions for teachers and students, and ideas for beyond the classroom
- Assessment planning, mark schemes and differentiated sample answers for each end-of-chapter assessment
- Answers guidance for every lesson activity and quick knowledge quiz
- This teacher guide accompanies the textbook series, shown in recent research to inspire and motivate young historians
- Technology, War and Independence Kerboodle: Lessons, Resources, Assessment offers a digital subscription packed full of customisable interactives, worksheets, animations and automarked assessments.