Lonely Planet's Discover India is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Gaze at the iconic Taj Mahal, ride a camel through a magical desert scene in Jaisalmer, or hit the famous beaches of Goa; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of India and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Discover India:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, customs, etiquette, religion
- Covers Delhi, Agra, the Taj Mahal, Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Mumbai, Ajanta, Ellora, Goa, Kerala, Karnataka, Darjeeling, Varanasi, Himachal Pradesh and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Discover India, our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on India's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.