Lonely Planet's Discover Vietnam is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Immerse yourself in history in the warren-like lanes of Hoi An Old Town; cruise through shimmering seas past karst limestone peaks in Halong Bay; and kayak through ethereal caves or trek verdant rainforest mountains in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park. All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Vietnam and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Discover Vietnam:
- Full-color maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, food & drink, dance, architecture, landscapes, wildlife
- Free, convenient pull-out Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city maps (included in print version), plus easy-to-use color maps for easy navigation
- Covers Hanoi, Halong Bay, Sapa, Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, Hoi An, Hue, Mui Ne, Dalat, Cat Tien National Park, Ho Chi Minh City, Con Dao Islands, Mekong Delta, Phu Quoc, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's Discover Vietnam is filled with inspiring and colorful photos, and focuses on Vietnam's most popular attractions for those wanting to experience the best of the best.