This brand new, three-level series, provides coverage of the Cambridge Secondary 1 maths curriculum framework. Written by an experienced author team, the series comprises a comprehensive Student Book, extensive Workbook and supportive Teacher Guide.
Development of the series is strongly guided by the latest expert research in mathematics education, show-casing best practice teaching methods such as: giving a clear model of learning; carefully sequenced conceptual understanding; flexibility in the use of the resources; the incorporation of reflection opportunities.
The comprehensive Teacher's Guide is a highly flexible resource which provides teachers with teaching and learning support to deliver the curriculum.
- 'Starter': ideas for introducing the topic
- 'Tip': helpful and practical hints for the teacher
- 'Beware': warning of a potential pitfall, or potential misunderstanding or confusion for learners
- 'Fix' and 'Stretch': activities which will particularly help struggling students, or stretch the more able ones
- 'Problem solving': ideas for developing this core, underpinning aspect of the curriculum
- Alternative approaches and activities (including tasks and games)
- Support to help teachers pace lessons for individual abilities
- Ideas to make practical use of technology for mathematics learning, such as using the computer to create spreadsheets, tables and charts to represent results
- End-of-chapter tests, to check progress
Provides support as part of a set of resources for the Cambridge Lower Secondary Mathematics curriculum framework from 2011.
We are working with Cambridge Assessment International Education towards endorsement of this title.