Mastering Primary Religious Education introduces the primary religious education curriculum and helps trainees and teachers learn how to plan and teach inspiring lessons that make religious education irresistible.
Topics covered include:
* Current developments in religious education
* Religious education as an irresistible activity
* Religious education as a practical activity
* Skills to develop in religious education
* Promoting curiosity
* Assessing children in religious education
* Practical issues
This guide includes examples of children's work, case studies, readings to reflect upon and reflective questions that all help to show students and teachers what is considered to be best and most innovative practice, and how they can use that knowledge in their own teaching to the greatest effect. The book draws on the experience of two leading professionals in primary religious education, Maria James and Julian Stern, to provide the essential guide to teaching religious education for all trainee and qualified primary teachers.