Here's the must-know information LPN/LVN students need to care for patients with mental health disorders where they'll encounter them - in general patient care settings.
An easy-to-read, conversational writing style shows you how to recognize and respond to the most important mental health issues. You'll also explore important communication techniques, ethical and legal issues, and alternative and complementary treatments. Coverage of nursing interventions, basic psychiatric nursing skills, and psychopharmacology prepares you for the NCLEX-PN exam and clinical practice.
- Color illustrations, tables, bulleted lists, and a reader-friendly writing style to make concepts easy to understand
- Coverage of mental health conditions across the lifespan
- Care plans with detailed descriptions of specific interventions and expected outcomes
- Content on specific nursing interventions and basic psychiatric nursing skills
- Coverage of psychopharmacology, including must-know side effects
- Case studies with critical-thinking questions to emphasize clinical reasoning skills
- Crucial information on palliative and restorative care for long-term care settings
- Discussions on alternative treatment modalities to facilitate communications with people of different religious and cultural backgrounds as well as descriptions of religious and cultural beliefs and their impact on mental health and treatment
Ebook, classroom & lecture planning resources, previous edition resources. Includes testbank, active classroom instructor guide