Over 60 high-quality recipes covering debugging, security, performance, microservices, web frameworks, databases, deployment and more; rewritten for Node 4, 6, and 8.
About This Book
* Actionable recipes across the full spectrum of Node.js development
* Cutting edge techniques and tools for measuring and improving performance
* Best practices for creating readily-scalable production systems
Who This Book Is For
What You Will Learn
* Debug Node.js programs
* Write and publish your own Node.js modules
* Detailed coverage of Node.js core API's
* Use web frameworks such as Express, Hapi and Koa for accelerated web application development
* Apply Node.js streams for low-footprint data processing
* Fast-track performance knowledge and optimization abilities
* Persistence strategies, including database integrations with MongoDB, MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres, Redis, and LevelDB
* Apply critical, essential security concepts
* Use Node with best-of-breed deployment technologies: Docker, Kubernetes and AWS
This book shows you how to build fast, efficient, and scalable client-server solutions using the latest versions of Node.
The book begins with debugging tips and tricks of the trade, and how to write your own modules. Then you'll learn the fundamentals of streams in Node.js, discover I/O control, and how to implement the different web protocols.
You'll find recipes for integrating databases such as MongoDB, MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres, Redis, and LevelDB. We also cover the options for building web application with Express, Hapi and Koa.
You will then learn about security essentials in Node.js and advanced optimization tools and techniques.
By the end of the book you will have acquired the level of expertise to build production-ready and scalable Node.js systems.
The techniques and skills you will learn in this book are based on the best practices developed by nearForm, one of the leaders in Node implementations, who supported the work of the authors on this book.
Style and approach
This recipe-based practical guide presents each topic with step-by-step instructions on how you can create fast and efficient server side applications using the latest features and capabilities in Node 8 whilst also supporting usage with Node 4 and 6.