This book explains everything you need to know about practical skills for your Physics A-level. It covers the OCR, AQA and Edexcel syllabuses and covers questions like:
* What is the absolute uncertainty of the internal resistance?
* How can you tell if there has been a systematic error?
* Do the students' results support their hypothesis?
* How could the students minimise random error in their experiment?
* How can you use LEDs to find a value for the Planck constant?
Practical Skills for Physics A-level: Study Companion explains slowly and clearly, with examples and worked solutions throughout. It also includes a chapter describing 39 standard practicals. It is accompanied by Practical Skills for Physics A-level: Practice Exercises, which provides practice for each question type and full worked solutions. These books are intended to give you the resources you need to work independently, building up the ability to answer practical skills questions confidently, quickly and accurately. If you have the drive, here is a nice, friendly book to let you work your way to success.
All three exam boards say that at least 15% of the marks on written exams will relate to practical work. Make sure those marks are in the bag by mastering practical skills!