The fully updated eighth edition of Principles and Practice of Marketing continues to provide a contemporary and modern introduction to marketing. With a renewed focus that covers the importance of customer value alongside the 4Ps, this authoritative text provides students with a core understanding of the wider context and latest developments taking place within marketing. A stimulating range of new resources and real world examples help to bring marketing to life.
* How the bandwagon effect has contributed to the success of online group buying
* How IKEA delivers sustainable cotton and timber products to millions of customers
* How social marketing is combatting an obesity crisis
* How the relaunch of Netto became a case of fighter branding
* How crowdsourcing is evolving advertising
* How Abercrombie & Fitch's store environment could be heading it into the dark
* A brand new chapter on Relationship Marketing
* Newly updated structure to focus on the importance of Customer Value
* Fully updated to cover the latest technologies and digital developments
* New Marketing in Action boxes and Mini Cases focusing on European and Global companies including Spotify, Rovio, Decathlon, Zara and Amazon
* 44 new and updated end-of-chapter cases provide insights from across a range of businesses; from high street fashion stores and supermarkets (H&M, The Co-operative) and Airlines and services (EasyJet, Pret A Manger), to digital companies (ASOS, Google) and the music and film industries (Apple, Disney).
* Fully updated and streamlined pedagogy including refocused recommended readings at the end of each chapter, allowing you to expand your knowledge
* New AdInsight boxes including active QR codes to keep you up-to-date with the latest marketing campaigns and examples