She was going to stab her doctor, but she wrote a book instead.
Years later, Willa Goodfellow revisits her account of the antidepressant-induced hypomania that hijacked her Costa Rican vacation and tells the rest of the story: her missed diagnosis of Bipolar 2, how she'd been given the wrong medications, and finally, her process of recovery.
Prozac Monologues is a book within a book-part memoir of misdiagnosis and part self-help guide about life on the bipolar spectrum. Through edgy and comedic essays, Goodfellow offers information about a mood disorder frequently mistaken for major depression as well as resources for recovery and further study. Plus, Costa Rica.
* If your depression keeps coming back . . .
* If your antidepressant side effects are dreadful . . .
* If you are curious about the bipolar spectrum . . .
* If you want ideas for recovery from mental illness . . .
* If you care for somebody who might have more than depression . . .