Public Budgeting Systems, Tenth Edition is the most comprehensive and balanced treatment of the current state of budgeting throughout all levels of the United States government. Current and prospective public managers, accordingly, often succeed or fail in their careers based in large part on whether they are intelligent consumers of financial data and have an adequate understanding of the budget process. By providing a detailed overview of all budget ing and financial management, the book enables students to gain an appropriate understanding of a complex topic.
Significantly updated, the Tenth Edition has been revised to include:
- Updated data, references and more timely examples throughout
- Impact on tax revenues by online sales, cannabis sales, and legalization of sports betting in some states
- Significantly revised chapter on the Congressional budget approval
- Recent developments in information technology security, including both security breaches and new cybersecurity protocols
- New developments by the GAO as well as developments in state and local pensions
- Updated Discussion of Medicaid, with a focus on contemporary issues and data