Sharing not Staring steers teachers towards using the interactive whiteboard in ways which purposefully tap into its huge potential to make teaching more interactive, more exciting, more creative and enjoyable.
The approaches described in this updated and highly practical new edition fall into the following broad categories:
* Spotlight and word cover/reveal effects - having the impact of a puzzle which emphasises the question as opposed to a standard answer
* Text Organisation - enabling sequencing and exploration of syntax
* PowerPoint - exploiting the creative potential of this often overused or misused tool.
* Word - Performing the equivalent of conjuring tricks in the classroom. You can animate text, map it, organise it, hide it or scramble it.
* Image, moving image and Flash - discovering the impact and potential of well chose still images or video clips. Flash programs that have specific applications with words can add to the wonder and magic of English.
The activities outlined in this book can be undertaken with any of the popular brands of interactive white-board and are relevant with all age groups, across all educational borders.