Publisher's Note: Products purchased from Third Party sellers are not guaranteed by the publisher for quality, authenticity, or access to any online entitlements included with the product.
A complete guide to slurries and slurry systems-fully updated for the latest advances
This thoroughly revised guide contains comprehensive coverage of slurries and slurry systems. The book extends the analysis from the first edition, covering mechanics of slurry mixtures, to the design of pipelines, open channel conduits, and process plants for coarse, and fine solids in steady and transient Newtonian and non-Newtonian flows.
Slurry Systems Handbook, Second Edition clearly explains the components, dynamics, and design of slurry systems for any application-from ore mining to nuclear waste processing, extra heavy oil upgrade, semi-conductor cleaning, and metal melting. Readers will gain access to practical examples of operating slurry pipelines and appropriate codes, as well as guidelines to conduct feasibility studies for slurry concentrate or tailings disposal systems, apply the principles to clean semi-conductors by micro-slurry, and upgrade extra-heavy oils. This new edition splits chapters into shorter units for clarity.
* Covers open channel slurry flows in addition to pipe flow dynamics
* Includes solved problems
* Discusses new emerging areas such as oilsand extraction,
* Explores hydrocarbon-based slurry hydrocracking and hydrates pumped from the deep ocean
* Examines slurry use in the semi-conductor industry
* Reviews high temperature applications and application to metal casting
* Highlights emerging technologies for water reservoir de-silting by sediment removal
* Written by an expert with international experience