The eighth edition of this lively introduction places social psychology in a contemporary, real-world context and explores new, cutting-edge research as well as bringing classic theories to life. Thoroughly revised to enhance accessibility, and updated to include over 250 new references, this trusted, market-leading, cutting edged textbook remains as comprehensive as ever.
* In-depth scientific coverage of social psychological theory and research
* Combines UK, European and North American perspectives effectively to provide coverage with a unique global take
* Updated and expanded coverage of morality, affect and emotion, rumour and gossip, trust and leadership, social media-based communication, multiculturalism, radicalization, deviance, and sexual minorities
* Thoroughly revised and rewritten chapters and sections on aggression, prosocial behaviour, close relationships, and attitude-behaviour relations particularly in the context of health
Social Psychology 8th edition includes a range of pedagogically developed features to aid independent study:
* Research Classic and Research highlight sections focus on either seminal or contemporary areas of research to help you to refine your understanding of these key areas.
* Your Life sections explore everyday social psychological and encourage you to apply the ideas within your own life.
* Our World boxes consider examples of social psychology or social issues within the wider world to help you gain a deeper and applied understanding of concepts and issues.
* A range of photos, reflective questions and the film/literature and TV section in each chapter further help to bring alive this fascinating subject for everyone.