Statistics and Chemometrics for Analytical Chemistry
Statistics and Chemometrics for Analytical Chemistry 7th edition provides a clear, accessible introduction to main statistical methods used in modern analytical laboratories.
It continues to be the ideal companion for students in Chemistry and related fields keen to build their understanding of how to conduct high quality analyses in areas such as the safety of food, water and medicines, environmental monitoring, and chemical manufacturing. With a focus on the underlying statistical ideas, this book incorporates useful real world examples, step by step explanation and helpful exercises throughout.
Features of the new edition:
* Significant revision of the Quality of analytical measurements chapter to incorporate more detailed coverage of the estimation of measurement uncertainty and the validation of analytical methods.
* Updated coverage of a range of topics including robust statistics, Bayesian methods, and testing for normality of distribution, plus expanded material on regression and calibration methods.
* Additional experimental design methods, including the increasingly popular optimal designs.
* Worked examples have been updated throughout to ensure compatibility with the latest versions of Excel and Minitab.
* Exercises are available at the end of each chapter to allow student to check understanding and prepare for exams. Answers are provided at the back of the book for handy reference.
This book is aimed at undergraduate and graduate courses in Analytical Chemistry and related topics. It will also be a valuable resource for researchers and chemists working in analytical chemistry.