Teaching TeeJay Maths for Mastery: CfE Second Level Book 2 A
Introduce mastery learning in maths with ease, confidence and minimal cost - and you can still use TeeJay's fun and colourful practice questions!
Written by a maths mastery specialist, this step-by-step teaching pack will raise attainment, reduce your workload, develop your pedagogical knowledge and give a new lease of life to your TeeJay textbooks!
- Use your TeeJay books to deliver mastery lessons: There's no need to buy new textbooks! These cost-effective packs show you how to adopt a mastery approach using your existing TeeJay First and Second Level books
- Confidently teach maths mastery: What do you need to teach and how should you teach it? Each topic starts with an overview of key concepts, potential misconceptions and 'fundamentals' for assessment, followed by teaching notes for every lesson
- Follow a ready-made and carefully-planned lesson sequence: Comprehensive guidance takes you through the 5-part structure for each lesson ('time to get started', 'time to learn', 'time to practise', 'time to reflect' and 'time to work on our own'), with differentiated tasks included throughout to save you time
- Close the attainment gap: Mastery is an effective method for moving learners through the maths curriculum and is particularly beneficial in helping pupils with low attainment to progress
- Trust our mastery expert: Specialist maths teacher Gemma provides maths mastery CPD and was Learning Lead for the Glasgow Counts framework. She's enjoyed working with the TeeJay team to make Scotland's favourite maths books mastery-ready!