The Camel Fair is a non-fiction recount of a holiday in India, accompanied by spectacular, atmospheric photographs. The highlight of the visit, and the central focus of the book, is the Pushkar Camel Fair. The event is recounted in a letter format through the eyes of a child, Sarina who is visiting relatives.
* White/Band 10 books have more complex sentences and figurative language.
* Text type - A recount of a visit.
* A flow diagram explaining how to get onto a camel is included on pages 30 and 31 to encourage children to discuss the information.
* Curriculum links - Geography: Where in the World is Barnaby bear? Passport to the World; Citizenship: Living in a diverse world.
* This book has been levelled for Reading Recovery.