The importance of delivering good career education and guidance in schools and colleges has never been greater.
The new statutory guidance sets out the requirement for every school to have a named Careers Leader from September 2018. They will lead, manage and co-ordinate the school's careers programme, across all eight Gatsby Benchmarks.
This practical guide, written by the expert team of David Andrews and Tristram Hooley, will support this new breed of careers leader to develop outstanding careers provision across the key stages. With case studies, ideas and activities throughout, it will guide you through planning, developing and maintaining your careers programme, show how you can lead effectively and develop your role and expertise.
- A stable careers programme
- Career and labour market information
- Addressing the needs of all students
- Careers in the curriculum
- Encounters with employers
- Work experience and other experiences of the workplace
- Experiences of HE, FE and work-based training
- Personal guidance
- Continuous improvement
- Looking after your own CPD
- Developing your career
- Planning for sustainability and succession