Twenty First Century Science: GCSE Chemistry Teacher Handbook
Twenty First Century Science is a motivating and engaging way to study science at GCSE. These resources will prepare students both for progression to further study of science and to be scientifically minded and informed citizens.
The Twenty First Century Science suite will:
- Develop students' abilities to critically evaluate data and information, by examining evidence and the arguments that link evidence to conclusions
- Link science to issues relevant to all students and to the experiences of everyday life
- Develop students' understanding of the concepts and models that scientists use to explain the world
- Develop students' hands-on scientific skills and their understanding of experimental work in developing scientific explanations.
Built on research and evidence-based principles, these Twenty First Century Science resources have been developed alongside the specifications in close partnership with the University of York Science Education Group. The Teacher Handbook:
- Contains a range of teaching ideas, guidance, and tips in every section to enable you to customise your lessons
- Provides an Evidence-of-Learning item for every assessable learning outcome of the specification
- Contains teaching suggestions and resources matched to the unique University of York Science Eduction Group assessment model
- Incorporates support for maths and practical work throughout each task, activity, and teaching idea.