Unlocking Criminal Law will help you grasp the main concepts of the subject with ease. Containing accessible explanations in clear and precise terms that are easy to understand, it provides an excellent foundation for learning and revising Criminal Law.
The information is clearly presented in a logical structure and the following features support learning helping you to advance with confidence:
Clear learning outcomes at the beginning of each chapter set out the skills and knowledge you will need to get to grips with the subject;
* Key Facts boxes throughout each chapter allow you to progressively build and consolidate your understanding;
* End-of-chapter summaries provide a useful check-list for each topic;
* Cases and judgments are highlighted to help you find them and add them to your notes quickly;
* Frequent activities and self-test questions are included so you can put your knowledge into practice;
* Sample essay questions with annotated answers prepare you for assessment;
* Glossary of legal terms clarifies important definitions.
This edition has been fully updated to include discussion of recent changes and developments within criminal law, including new case law on causation, self-defence, consent, diminished responsibility, on loss of control, gross negligence manslaughter, causing or allowing the death of a vulnerable adult, infanticide, theft and blackmail.