Yachtmaster for Sail and Power is a major reference book that has proved invaluable for the many sailors following the RYA Coastal Skipper/Yachtmaster Offshore course. This highly respected and refreshingly practical study guide covers the whole syllabus in detail, all illustrated with colour photographs, charts and worked examples throughout.
* Chartwork - with useful worked examples
* Electronic navigation - how to use the latest technology for safe navigation: radar, electronic chart plotting and GPS
* Pilotage - buoyage fully explained and illustrated
* Communications - the latest information on maritime communications including GMDSS
* Weather - the elements of meteorology, weather sources and forecasts
* Safety and survival - new SOLAS regulations
* Stability and buoyancy - principles simply explained
Including the latest updates, new artwork and a modern, user-friendly design, this fifth edition compliments the syllabus and assists with exam preparation. It's an essential companion for anyone enrolling on the RYA Yachtmaster course, whether for sail or power.